Okay, it turns out that I initially had noConflict() within a function on .ready. This turns out to be a bad idea. Moving noConflict() inline, below the library include (as below) works fine, and prevents the need to load noConflict() multiple times.

 ~ ~ Dave

DaveG wrote:

Unfortunately this is on an internal environment, and I can't create an external test file -- I don't have access to a server environment that Ajax.update can call. I know, that's not much help, sorry :)

 ~ ~ Dave

Brandon Aaron wrote:
You shouldn't need to call noConflict more than once. Could you post up an example?

--
Brandon Aaron