Hi there,

I don't know offhand what the issue is, though it probably has to do with how the element is positioned, because of the way the code crawls up the DOM tree to gets its x and y coordinates. Try either giving the anchor element position: relative or wrapping it in a span with position:relative and see if that helps.

Otherwise, my new clueTip plugin, while still in "beta," is a more robust implementation of jTip. If you're interested in trying that one out, you can learn about it here:

http://examples.learningjquery.com/62/

--Karl
Karl Swedberg
www.englishrules.com