Chris,

-- I could have just as easily said... --

Sensing a little frustration; I was only trying to get a bigger picture.
Those were some of the questions I have to ask myself everyday.  I actually
have about 40 post-its around my monitor with those types of questions to
help me problem solve things quickly.

-- Are you even familiar with the jdMenu plug-in? --

I am familiar with the jdMenu, but only from helping people figure out their
issue.

Can you post some more code?  Because with out looking at how the LI are
built I can only assume the issue resides in there somewhere?  My assumption
is that you are calling in html that is produced with a server-side language
and the dataType is not set correctly in the js.

--
Benjamin Sterling
http://www.KenzoMedia.com