A tricky one...or perhaps not.
My feeling is that the datePicker is there to replace not enhance the input
field.

I'm not overly pleased with the blur() method as it breaks tabbing between
fields.
I didn't know that autocomplete could be suppressed (thank you!), but I
think that would be the most elegant solution.

--rob

On 6/6/07, Kelvin Luck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Rob Desbois wrote:
> I've had an issue in Firefox2.0 using the plugin with the 'clickInput'
> option turned on.
>
> When the input field has the focus, clicking on it to display the
> datePicker will work, but over the top of that will be Firefox's
> drop-down box showing previous inputs to that field.
>
> The solution I've used is to do this:
>
>     $("#dateFrom")
>        .datePicker(dpOptions)
>        .click(function() {
>           this.blur();
>        });
>

> Don't know if anyone else has a better suggestion?
> Not sure if it would be appropriate to make this default behaviour for
> the plugin but it's there as a suggestion anyway :-)
>
> --rob

Hi,

I think that it might make sense to make the plugin disable autocomplete
  (set autocomplete="off" on the input element) where clickInput = true...

Do you think this would make sense? Then again, what about if a user
tabs into the field and you want them to be able to autocomplete? If
this is a consideration then maybe your suggestion is most elegant (and
I can add the blur into the plugin). Does anyone have any suggestions on
this?

Cheers,

Kelvin :)

--