You can call ready on anything you want, but the fn will only run when
the document is ready.  So what you have is no different than
$(document).ready().

Mike

On 6/8/07, Rob Desbois <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Is $(document) the only thing that .ready(..) should be applied to?

When a page has a form on it with an item which should logically have the
focus by default, I like to bung in some JS to focus on that element ASAP.

It's not necessary for the entire DOM to be ready to do that, only the
textbox.
The following code works but I just want someone to tell me whether I'm
being dumb or not ;-)
> $("#noJavascriptWarning").ready(function() {
>    $("#noJavascriptWarning").hide();
>

> });

Additionally, if that is a sensible thing to do can I get the jQuery/DOM
object in the function or do I have to select it again?
The 'this' in the function is a Document object, hence me thinking .ready()
perhaps shouldn't be applied to anything but $(document).

TIA, happy nearly weekend all :-)
--rob

--
Rob Desbois