I've been trying to use jquery within a greasemonkey script, and keep
hitting the same problem. Both from a simple copy and paste of jquery
into a greasemonkey script, and using the version of jquery modified
for greasemonkey over at http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/7373 ,
there's one problem which will come up.

Adding or changing something on a page works fine, except that it
won't seem to add javascript functions. For example, the code below

* greasemonkey init code + The main jquery lib code*

function AlertBox()
{
    alert("Popup from userscript function!")
}

$("body").prepend( $("<input type='button' name='popupButton'
value='popUp' onclick='AlertBox()'>") );

This will create the button, but there will be no effect from clicking
it, other than an error message on the console warning of a missing
AlertBox function,  and a view source will show no AlertBox function
in the page source.

Any ideas on what might be going wrong here, or if there's a way to
get it working? I've tried the same code as a konqueror userscript,
and everything runs perfectly.