it's release 0.1 ... more sample and code to follow. If we had a dev list, I
would have posted there first.

it started with fudging textNodes into a jQuery... it was messy, but
worked... I needed some more tools, so I cleaned it all up... and wrote the
plugin.

the acronym method is especially cute.

http://jqueryjs.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/plugins/textNodes/

>> see it here: http://cigar.dynalias.org/plugins/textNodes/textNodes.html
Interesting stuff Jake. I'm missing some examples that are easier to
grasp (while quickly scanning over the page). I didn't get yet what
those are actually good for, though it feels like there is a lot.

Maybe an interactive demo would help: Offer a textbox where a user can
enter scripts to run and select or manipulate stuff on the page, with
hints about which stuff to try out. And/or checkboxes to turn plugin
options on/off.

Pointing users to page source doesn't help much when you don't have any
idea what to look for.
> great idea, i ever wondered if there are more like this e.g. to
> maipulate array etc.
Have you checked these?
http://dev.jquery.com/browser/trunk/plugins/methods/

--