Hi Marshall,

thank you _very_ much, it works like a charme!

Best regards

Arne

From: jquery-en@googlegroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Marshall Salinger
Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2007 6:05 PM
To: jquery-en@googlegroups.com
Subject: [jQuery] Re: Possible to intercept enter/return key?

This should do the trick:

$("yourSelector").keydown(function(e){
       if (e.keyCode == 13) {
              $("yourSelector").submit();

-Marshall

Arne-Kolja Bachstein wrote:

Hi there,

is it possible to bind a keydown event to intercept the enter/return key? I
have a form that is submitted manually and does not have form tags around it
(can't do this, restriction of the cms I am using). and now it - of course -
doesn't react with a "start search" when hitting return after entering a
search phrase. So I would need to bind a keydown event to the corresponding
input fields that reacts on pressing enter/return.

Thanks in advance,

Arne