I think maybe he was referring to this one:
http://www.learningjquery.com/2006/12/quick-tip-optimizing-dom-traversal

As someone else already mentioned, the part about how it finds something like $('div#foo') is no longer true (as of 1.1), but the general principles are still relevant, I think.

It has a link to a speed test I threw together, and also to Aaron's enhancement. There was a further enhancement somewhere -- I think a subdomain of jquery.com -- at some point, but don't know if it's still there, especially after the ddos attack.

I've enjoyed reading the discussion about selector speeds and file size.

--Karl
Karl Swedberg
www.englishrules.com
www.learningjquery.com