Brandon Aaron wrote:
Yeah we just need to do that for the min version as well. I prefer to use the min version and gzip ... better results. jQuery is only 11kb with this technique.

Back to the original topic ... the plugins directory of the repository also uses ant to build files. These ant tasks are setup to take advantage of the jquery.plugin_name.js standard. Changing the naming scheme would cause problems. It is however, very important to keep a version number and at least a revision number and last modified date in the header ... even for compressed plugins. If it isn't in the plugin authoring guide ... it should be. Perhaps even a note about how to add the svn properties like $REV$.
Good points Aaron. Modifying the build to add the header to minified files shouldn't be too difficult. I hope to find some time for updating the authoring guide soon, the last update was quite some time ago.

--
Jörn Zaefferer

http://bassistance.de