There is also Brandon's fxQueue
http://brandonaaron.net/jquery/plugins/fxqueue/

It executes the stuff you want one at a time.  Really small plugin.

Glen

On 6/18/07, Jake McGraw <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Your problem is that each of those functions is fired right after each
other, there is no pause, so, you start fading in, set opacity (still
fading in), start fading out (still fading in). All of this takes
place in a matter of milliseconds, so it will look like nothing is
happening.

Why not try using callbacks (which don't fire until the given function
is complete):

$(document).ready(function(){
  $("#kdetails").click(function(){
    $("#kontaktdaten").fadeIn("slow",function(){
      /* this refers to "#kontaktdaten" in callback scope */
      $(this).fadeOut("slow");

- jake