Trixta,
Thanks for your input, your English was good and I think I understand what
you are saying and that is an idea I had earlier and am in the process of
figuring it out.

Ben

On 6/19/07, trixta <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

bmsterling wrote:

> Does anyone have any experience with getting
> screen readers to pick up on changes to the DOM?

sry, for my bad english.

i made some testing with webformator. (it´s the base for virgo, blindows
and
some other screenreaders). the webformator updates his output 1 second
after
you manipulate the window.loaction. you can use location.hash for it and
you
don´t have to change it. (window.location.hash = window.location.hash).

you can even set the focus to the changed region with this approach. here
is
an example http://kantpraxis.de/

the uncompressed javascript http://kantpraxis.de/cms/js/all.js

bmsterling wrote:

> I go to the Dept. of Ed in a few weeks to their accessibility
department,
> where the majority of the people that work there are blind or def, to
> see/hear what some of the website look/sound to them.  We had two of our
> developers go a year ago and it was very eye opening to them.
>
> --
> Benjamin Sterling
> http://www.KenzoMedia.com
> http://www.KenzoHosting.com

if you finde there someone, who understands german, it would be great, if
you would test this site with him/her.