Finally getting around to offering up my 2c. First of all, thanks to everyone involved in putting this up. Plugins rock, and there are some really good ones that I use regularly. Some thoughts:

1. one of the things I liked about the list on the wiki was that I could just use the browser's "find" box to locate keywords on the page, which made it *really* easy to find plugins using words like "form" or "dimensions" or any other little snippet of text (both for a new "search" and to relocate things that I thought I remembered seeing there in a previous scan). It would be very nice to have a text search (against descriptions and maybe author names) in the new repository.

2. looking at the star rating system...and thinking about rating some myself, I realized that I have no idea what the rating is based on. Granted, that's kinda the way it is and with more ratings per item variations in reasoning will kinda balance out, but I wonder if it would be good to allow for comments or something? Or maybe make a separate rating for "Docs", which are often nothing more than a working example available to reverse-engineer. I'd give a higher rating to something with a good doc or numerous working examples, which could be an entirely different rank than the "I reverse-engineered the example and got it to work, and it's awesome" rating.

3. for some reason I can't make a lick of sense out of how to use the Is One Of... and <All> dropdowns at the top of the page. I tried some searches with them, but the results didn't reflect what I thought I was searched for. Is it broken? Am I?

OK, it's 1am, so maybe it's me .... ;-)

Oh, one more thing...gotta admin, I expected some AJAX magic in the repo pages: it seemed odd to have so many page refreshes in a repo for jquery stuff....since almost everything I do with jquery includes some AJAX magic. Where's the obligatory lightbox?

Thx again,
- Jack

John Resig wrote:
Feedback is appreciated, as always.