I am not a javascript wizard (AFAIK), but this is a great opportunity
to evangelize jQuery.

Everybody and their brother will be looking to jump on board with an
iPhone app, the same with Dashboard widgets. I expect to create an
admin interface for my web company (total anticipated audience: 2).

If there were an iPhone "edition" of jQuery, something that packaged
default screen size, a side-to-side screen slider, the nice checkbox
stuff from some jQuery plugin I saw, the ajax-cookie plugin, and
importantly, a local storage/retrieval mechanism (hidden iframe, etc)
-- it could become the de facto tool for new applications, and
introduce a whole lot of people to what makes jQuery cool.

I am not the person to create this. But I'm certain someone will
create it... I only hope it's jQuery based! Only jQuery, of all the JS
options, really makes sense to how I work.