This issue comes up repeatedly, and I keep posting this link:

        http://docs.jquery.com/Tutorials:AJAX_and_Events

If you read it all the way through, I think you'll get a good understanding of event binding and a few ways to bind events at the right time.

Also, a quick search in this "google group" for "ajax events" would lead you to some good answers.

--Karl
Karl Swedberg
www.englishrules.com
www.learningjquery.com