I recently did something like this. I need to be able to dynamically
insert new rows into a columnar form. I've stripped out a lot of the
code but hopefully this will give you some ideas

var clicked_row = $(...); // jQuery object. Clicked Row. You'll need
to specify the selector
var new_row = $('<tr>').insertAfter(clicked_row); // A new row be
inserted below the clicked row

// Get AJAX data. You may need to convert your data to html.
new_row.html(data);