Hi,
What I want to achieve is that the user click "Build" and the "Preview"
links gets updated with the new link. Before the link is updated, it is
replaced by a "Loading..." msg. This is working perfectly.

 What I cant figure out is that can I make the browser wait for half a
second after loading so that the user sees something changing and gets a cue
that the link has been updated. Right now everything is happening in a split
second and the link gets update quicker that the user can notice.

here's the code...
$("#preview_link").empty();
$("#preview_link").append("Loading...");
//WAIT or FREEZE STATEMENT HERE
$("#preview_link").empty();
$("#preview_link").append(x);

Can someone suggest how I can write this "WAIT statement".
setTimeout("doSomething", 2000) does not work because it waits for "doing
something" not the next statement.

Thanks,
Gurpreet