v1.1.3 will have enhanced performance in many areas including selectors, effects, and animations. It should be out very, very soon.

jsrobinson wrote:

I agree with all the points about jQuery's greatness thus far, but...

I have noticed that jQuery's animation can sap an older CPU, even in simpler
examples. I understand that the SlickSpeed test is not about animation, but
given my anecdotal observations, the user experience on older PCs leaves
something to be desired.
I am in no way singling out jQuery for this problem, but I am pointing it
out here so that maybe, if there is any chance that an speed-optimized
version could become available, it would really seal the deal for me and
jQuery (and all of my clients as well).
This used to be a question of demographics as much as anything else (am I
developing sites for grandmas or affluent corporate types), but with the
iPhone (which doesn't have a dual-core 2GHz CPU) and other web-enabled
devices, the game changes.

What are the chances of seeing a speed-optimized library?

--
BrightLight Development, LLC.
954-775-1111 (o)