hello all...
I have a quick question I was wondering if someone could help me
with.

I 2 files I am working with here. The first is a main page which
everything is loading to. People are watching streams on this page.
Attached to this page may be a slideshow. Sometimes, I will update the
slideshow during an actual live event. The slideshow is loaded from a
separate file for just this reason, because if there is a change, we
can change that  part of the page only when necessary. However, this
is using server side code requests. I was wondering, if with using
JQuery, is there any way to update this div only (the slideshow div)
without causing a reset of the whole page via client side code.
Basically, it would have to load from an XML, but is there anyway to
update the links, say, via a timed interval of checks, but using
strictly client side code?