And if you use the minified version and gzip it .... it is only 11kb! Go!
Go! HTTP Compression!

--
Brandon Aaron

On 7/3/07, Rey Bango <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Some of you may have seen this but in case you missed it, David Cann
created a cool littel iPhone interface that can help you determine what
your app would look like using Apple's wonder phone. You can check it
out here:

http://davidcann.com/iphone/

I got the link from an site listed on Ajaxian which used it to build an
iPhone version of NewYorkOnTap.com
(http://www.newyorkontap.com/mobileDemo.aspx). The thing that stood out
was his mention of how he got around ATT's slow Edge network:

"It's a bar and subway finder for New York City, and I implement a
number of techniques to overcome some of the short coming of AT&T's edge
network. Virtually the entire site is composed from a single javascript
file of just under 25k. By reusing components and keeping server
refreshes to an absolute minimum while pulling data in via ajax, I was
able to create a pretty responsive component that feels like it belongs
on the iPhone (i hope!)."

With jQuery sitting at 20kb, its definitely positioned to be the library
of choice for iPhone apps.

Rey...