Kia Niskavaara wrote:

On 7/3/07, *Klaus Hartl* <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:

    Kia Niskavaara wrote:
     > I want to load some external data into the content part of the page.
     > This only works with ajax:
     >
     > |$('#container').tabs({ remote: true });|
     >
     > But I want to be able to load external pages, I want to use an
    iframe
     > instead. Is this possible?
     >
     > I guess I could use the load event, and manually set the source of an
     > iframe. But wouldn't that ruin the functionality of the Tabs
    plugin? It
     > would be great if I can use |fxAutoHeight: true| together with
    the iframe.

     > Kia

    Kia, I think that should work by simply putting iframes into the tab
    containers:

             <iframe src="..."></iframe>

Hi Klaus.

Thank you for your suggestion. Yes, it does work. One problem though: I've got lots of tabs. And the src of all iframes get loaded at once. I'd prefer if each iframe got loaded when I click on that tab, using the loading.gif -- like the remote:true (ajax) functionality. Is that possible?

Then why not load the iframe html via Ajax? It's the same as loading any other HTML...

e.g. every link points to a html file containing something like this:

<iframe src="..."></iframe>

--Klaus