wow, this is amazing... i never knew u can have something like "
element.class" within the selectors. i was about to suggest something along
the lines of

$("#container>child:not('.class2')");

where #container is the id of the parent element whose child elements u
wanna select.
child is the tagname of the child element (eg: div, span or whatever).

But, i will keep in mind about the "element.class" technique. What other
special selectors like this are possible. It doesn't seem to be present in
the documentation

-GTG