Try Brian Cherne's plugin hoverIntent.  Jquery hover is firing for
every element your mouse is moving over.  I had the same problem and
switched and it works nicely.  FYI, I set the timeout for 300 and
added a callback to the out function:
function(){$("#menuCup1:visible").hide().  You may not need this, but
it was a failsafe for me to make sure that the menu that was supposed
to be hidden was definitely hidden.