So are the results still the same?
Looks like:
DOM Profile (1330.403ms, 79446 calls)
CSS Profile (1249.132ms, 173 calls)

I have a question.
Take a look at this page:
http://www.commadot.com/jquery/animate/animatetest.htm

When you click animate in any browser, you can see how it is doing them one
after the other.
Would this technique make them move in unison?  It should.

How could I adapt your code to work with this example?

Glen

On 7/6/07, Sean Catchpole <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 7/6/07, Gordon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Regarding the CSS cascade problem, would making any custom rules
> jQuery creates !important help?

I initially looked into this and tried to implement it with no success.
However after rewriting the script bout 5 times, I got it!

I have updated the script, go check it out.
http://www.sunsean.com/cssAnimate.html

This should solve the specificity problem. Of course the user can
still override an animation by using !important along with a higher
specificity, but I see that as a feature imo.

The script is not perfect, it doesn't start the opacity at the
original, it start is at 100%, but that's just my hacked showcase,
inside of the jQuery animation all would work seamlessly. Let me know
if you find further problems.

~Sean