Glen Lipka wrote:
*boggle*. Ill have to study that.  Looks complicated.
Glen

Glen, it's not complicated at all :-)

I'm using jQuery's $.map method to translate one array - the result set $('#container [EMAIL PROTECTED]') - into another array, containing all the ids of the items in there. What gets into the resulting array is controlled by what is returned by the translater function given as second argument to $.map:

function() {
    return this.id;
}

Knowing that $.map returns another array, I can then use the Array.join method to concatenate the array items into a string:

I haven't actually tested the whole thing. It may be necessary to convert the result set into a real array:

$('#container [EMAIL PROTECTED]').get()

I chose another selector by the way to match only descendants that do actually have an id.

--Klaus