I have a web page that has a div with the following style.

overflow: auto; white-space: nowrap; width: 100%; height: 300px;

The overload and height causes the div block to display a scrollbar
when height of the content exceeds that height. What I need to do is
scroll to a point in that block but when I use the standard
scrollIntoView Javascript function it scrolls the parent page as well
as the div block.

I would like to know if there is a way to just scroll that div
independently of the page? Is there a feature in jQuery to make this
work?