On 7/9/07, Glen Lipka <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
A big question in my mind is:  On a slow machine with ONE animation:  Is
doing it this way smoother than not?   Does CSS manipulation of a single
animation make it smoother?  What is the gating factor for a slow computer?
CPU or Ram or Video card?  Or all three?  How can one test this?

On slow machines the problem is redraw speed. With the CSS method all
the elements are lined up together, but there is still lag between
each redraw.

Since this method might be a good deal more bloated than the jquery
animate function I also recommend not including it in the core, at
least for the time being.

~Sean