Ok, so you "da man" when it comes to this AutoCompleter?  I did try
the page from FF and it definitely worked.  Would you mind looking at
the code?

function findValue(li) {
        if( li == null ) return alert("No match!");

        // if coming from an AJAX call, let's use the CityId as the value
        if( !!li.extra ) var sValue = li.extra[0];

        // otherwise, let's just display the value in the text box
        else var sValue = li.selectValue;

        oItmDesc = document.getElementById("ItmDesc");
        oItmDesc.innerHTML = li.extra[0];
        oOnHandQty = document.getElementById("OnHandQty");
        oOnHandQty.innerHTML = li.extra[1]
        oPrice = document.getElementById("Price");
        oPrice.innerHTML = li.extra[2]
//      alert("The value you selected was: " + sValue);
}

function selectItem(li) {
        findValue(li);
}

function formatItem(row) {
        return row[0] + " - " + row[1];
}

function lookupAjax(){
        var oItem = $("#txtItem")[0].autocompleter;
        oItem.findValue();
        return false;
}

$(document).ready(function() {
        $("#txtItem").autocomplete("itemquery.abc",
                {
                        delay:10,
                        minChars:2,
                        matchSubset:1,