tkz for the tip ;D

On 7/12/07, Jack Killpatrick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

This might be of interest to you, too:

   http://code.google.com/p/trimpath/wiki/JavaScriptTemplates

It will get you around having to do stuff like:

$.each(entry['model'], function(modIndex, mod){
                result += '<li>'+ mod + '<\/li>';
});

I use it all the time for merging json data into "jst" templates (jst's
are just plain text/html files with template stuff in them). Works
great, is quite fast, too. I've used it for a large reporting project,
with giant tables of data: rather than generating a bunch of html on the
server and passing it to the client, I just pass json back and use
trimpath and a jst to do the merge and a simple
$('#myDiv').html(mergeResults); to dump the results to screen. More fun,
IMO, than the various DOM-node building plugins, too.

FYI, I usually use jquery $.get() to fetch the jst file from the server,
rather than use textareas and such (which is what the simple demo's
there show).

- Jack

--

[]´s Jean