Thanks alot, that is more or less what I came up with.

Much appreciated.

On 7/12/07, ashutosh bijoor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi Benjamin
The deserialize plugin does not handle what you want (I wrote it) :-(

You need to parse and split the string directly. Here's a way to do it -
not tested, but should work:

function parseParams(url) {
    var params=url;
    if (url.match(/\?(.+)$/)) {
        // in case it is a full query string with ?, only take everything
after the ?
        params = RegExp.$1;
    }
 // split the params
 var pArray = params.split("&");
 // hash to store result
 var pHash = {};
 // parse each param in the array and put it in the hash
 for(var i=0;i<pArray.length;i++) {
     var temp = pArray[i].split("=");
     pHash[temp[0]] = unescape(temp[1]);
 }