>My primary concern right now is the star rating
>plugin, but I know I've encountered this sort of thing
>before with my own personally written scripts as well.
>It seems that with repetition (or binding, or
>anything) over a large number of items, IE tends to
>pop up the "your page is loading slowly" box and I
>pretty much figure I am done for with that idea. Fine
>with my own scripts, but with a plugin, this is
>concerning as I'd really like to use it.

Well the problem could be with the plug-ins themselves, it's more than
likely the selectors you're using--especially if you've got a page with lots
of DOM elements.

When you have tons of DOM elements on the page, the making sure you're using
efficient selectors because extremely important.

I'd start off by just testing the time it's taking for your selectors to
find all the matching elements. Being more specific in your selector doesn't
always mean it's more efficient--sometimes it can add a lot of overhead.

-Dan