I just did a quick test, and it doesn't appear they've been tested to work
together. I was able to select a few elements (if I didn't start dragging my
select region on a sortableitem, or it would start sort-dragging), and then
I was able to drag and sort one of those elements, but the others didn't
come with it.

I'm planning on doing some work on the new ui selectables and sortables. If
Paul doesn't beat me to it, I'll keep this in mind as a feature request
(it's certainly one I'm interested in). Thanks.

- Richard