Hi

Yeah I agree on that but i can do it either returned from back end
code or with a javascript.

http://itbuzz.howardshome.com/

right now I have it with classes in the css as well as html. The best
option would be an ordered list but with image bullet instead of
numbers.
Armand

On 7/16/07, Klaus Hartl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Stephan Beal wrote:
> On Jul 16, 12:47 pm, "Armand Datema" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> What is the best way to give a different class to each item in an unordered
list

>> just a for each and then apply a new class or is there something better
>
> Applying classes has the limitation that you have to create a class
> for each color combination. It would probably be more maintainable to
> apply the styles using the .css('background-color',...)
> and .css('color',...) approach.

Hm, in my opinion it is better to keep the three layers structure
(HTML), presentation (CSS) and behavior (JS) as separated as possible.

--Klaus

--
Armand Datema
CTO SchwingSoft