I don't understand this part:

>     var input = $('[EMAIL PROTECTED]', form);

Specifically this: "$('[EMAIL PROTECTED]', form);"

I haven't found anywhere in the docs that talks about using this selector
thing $() with two arguments. What exactly is going on there?

> Also may I ask why you're removing the input and immediatly add a
> similiar one in the else branch instead of disabling the existing one?

I tried to do it that way at first. However, the commands to add the
"disabled" attribute and the "formfielddisabled" css class had no effect in
either Firefox or IE. Maybe I had a syntax error. I'll try it again using
the code you provided. I was actually adding and removing the "disabled"
attribute rather than setting it to "true"/"false".

Thanks for the help,