Ok, found the problem:

Jörn has main.css and jquery.autocomplete.css in use on his demo
page.  I was thinking any autocompleter-related CSS would be in
jquery.autocomplete.css, but it appears that's not the case.  I had
removed main.css, but when I put it back in, the error went away.
Mousing works fine now.  Now I just have to figure out what in that
CSS is really required and toss all the rest.

I have another issue.  If you think you can be of assistance, please
see http://tinyurl.com/ynm453