As a what feels like a long time Jquery user. I would like to
introduce to you a very useful from my tool box.  The tools is call
Pow (Plain old Webserver).  Its a cross platform web server that is a
63k Firefox plug in.

Since its a full featured web server you can work locally on all of
your dynamic websites. Many browser features like cookies don't work
from file://  urls will now work by using Pow.   In addition to being
able to serve html and another static files. Your can create cgi's
using javascript as your server side programming language. Pow also
comes with a SQL database   (sqlite)  for database driven sites.

If you are looking into Adobe Air for desktop development you can get
more bang for your buck with Pow which is open source. David Kellog
the developer is very responsive with bug fixes and new feature
requests

Pow also comes as stand alone web server that is cross platform than
can runs off of a pen drive.  So if you are like me you can use the
same server and data on your mac at home and on you windows machine at
work.

Download
Docs - Wiki
http://davidkellogg.com/wiki/Main_Page
User Group
http://groups.google.com/group/firefoxpow

Anyway thanks for you time and give Pow a spin. You wont be disappointed.

--
   Scott Wickham

Everyone is equal and everyone is the best at everything.  ---
Principal Skinner

"Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking
they can't lose."       -Bill Gates

99% of the time, in my experience, the hard part about creativity
isn't coming up with something no one has ever thought of before. The
hard part is actually executing the thing you've thought of.  -- seth
godin