Terry,

>i am using onDrag to update some info within the dragged div which
>works but what i really want is to update the info in the clones.  how
>are the clones named, anyone know off-hand?

The onStart event receives 2 arguments. The first is the element being
dragged, the second is an array containing: [clonedEl, x, y]

So, you should be able to use the onStart to alter the cloned element.

One thing I'd recommend is using Firebug and always doing a:

        console.log(arguments);

To any jQuery plug-in event handler. Well you might have to dig through the
source code to find out what's being passed, it's often pretty easy to guess
at what the arguments are.

-Dan