I have an intensive operation that occurs in my code, and when it does
animated gifs pause their animating.  I tried wrapping the offending
code in a setTimeout(function(){...},0) with no luck.

Right now the basic code looks like this:
$("#gif").show();

//#bigtable has 1500 rows 4 columns wide
$("#bigtable tbody tr").each(function(){
   //Search operation
});

$("#gif").hide();

The part between the gif show/hide takes 2-3 seconds, and I'd like to
show some motion in the UI while it's doing it's thing.  I've also
tried wraping the .each() in a setTimeout() like so:

setTimeout(function(){
   $("#bigtable tbody tr").each(function(i){
      //Search operations
   });
},0);

I have a feeling that pegging the CPU at 97% is just going to cause
the browser to stop animating the gif, but I wanted to make sure.

Thanks,
Josh
digitalbush.com