A good testing way is also to go the the dnn page and save the file as
html ( html only )

then copy over that html file to your dnn root and add the jquery
scripts and calls.

If you can get the desired effects there then its a dnn issue and those can be

truncated header tag strings
cant find js files ( use the full http://mydnn.com/js/jquery.js )
garbage html output ( dont expect jquery to work when admin or host
are logged in ) - this is because of the extra script and html
injection

Armand