On 7/18/07, Dan G. Switzer, II <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Also, I think I'd change the plug-in a bit. IMO, I would make more sense to
> use like:
>
> $("#button").generate_password("#passwordField", iLength);
>
> That way you can attach the behavior to any element. Also, by using a
> selector for the field to update, you could update multiple fields with the
> same value (in those cases where you had both a password and confirm
> password fields.)

So are you saying that #button will have already been created by the
user in their HTML and that #passwordField is where the generated text
should be placed? And beyond that #passwordField could be something
like .place_generated so that when #button is clicked it sticks the
generated text into all boxes that have a class of .place_generated?

This sounds like a fine idea except that I wanted it to be
unobtrusive. If someone doesn't have JS enabled I don't want to have a
lame-duck button sitting there.

Can it still be unobtrusive but use your suggestion at the same time?

Thanks,
Chris.