GianCarlo,

>i'm experimenting with jquery and xml.
>I really can't understand the difference between $.ajax and $.get
>
>If you bought the book 'learning jquery', for xml parsing they always
>use, or suggest to use (in the examples, but i may wrong) the $.get
>method to retrieve the contents of an xml file.
>
>Why/*??*/ if i use $.get('http://www.corriere.it/rss/ultimora.xml',
>function etcetera...) and try to access the 'item' text nothing
>happens?
>
>$(document).ready(function(){
>       $('#news-feed').each(function(){
>               $('this').empty();
>                       $.get('ultimora.xml',function(data){
>                               $('/rss//item').each(function(){
>                                       var titolo = $('title',
this).text();
>                                       alert(titolo) NOTHING
>HAPPENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>                                       })
>                               })
>

>               })
>
>});

The selectors you're using in the 2 examples are drastically different. The
fact that you're getting no alert means one of two things:

1) You're getting a JS error
2) Your selector isn't returning any results.

What happens if you change your selector from:

$('/rss//item')

$('/rss//item', data)

???

If that doesn't work, try:

$('item', data)

The above selector matches what you're doing in your second sample code.

-Dan