I don't anything in your code that may cause issue.  I would suggest that
you take out some of the effects and then test it with just the .html()s and
see if the issue persists.  But now that I think about it, you should
probably change them to .text() since you are only putting text in.

You will need to baby-step it thru the code; take everything out and start
putting back in till it breaks.

Is there a way to post a test page?