juliandormon wrote:

I'm adding html into a div using append. I want to update my custom scrollbar
plugin which is in a parent div after the append has completed loading to
accommodate the new height of the content in the child div. What's the
proper way of doing a callback after append for a different div?

I cannot simply chain this because it's a different div.

This is what I have but the callback paramater does not seem to work for
append - perhaps it's not a parameter at all?

$("#childDiv").append('mygreatHTML',function(){$("#parentDiv").updateScrollBar()})

Much appreciated!

You don't need a callback, such operations happen one after the other in JavaScript:

$("#childDiv").append('mygreatHTML');
$("#parentDiv").updateScrollBar();

You could of course still make a chain:

$("#childDiv").append('mygreatHTML').parent().updateScrollBar();

That frees you from having to use another hardcoded id...

--Klaus