Now I'm completely confused...

Why do you tell me to set cacheLength to 1 and matchSubset to 0/false
when you can clearly see in my initial post that I did exactly that?
Also you suggest to use Dan's mod instead of Pengowork's. However
according to this list: http://docs.jquery.com/Plugins#Forms they are
the same.

Please explain!

p.s.: sorry if I posted this now twice, my internet connection broke
the moment I hit the send button