Yep, that's the idea.  When you set up the map, there are lots of
options that allows you to add and remove controls from the page, as
well as disabling map dragging and enabling mouse zoom.

In regards to adding pins, at the moment the plugin allows just
standard red google markers and orange yahoo markers, the next release
I intend to allow custom icon support, similar to how the polylines
are at the moment (you build the icon in your own code and pass it to
the addPoint method)

At the moment when adding a point, it is usually done by searching for
an address, I should actually add the functionality to just be able to
click a point onto the map too.  You can then save this in your db, as
the map returns the lat/lon data by returning the data to a form.

I then show this saved data on the map by outputing a mix of js and php:

$('#mymap').addPoint(<?php e($lat);?>,<?php e($lon);?>,<?php
e($html);?>, false, false);

Now when the point shows on the map, you click it and whatever
contents were passed into $html will show in the infowindow.

Hope this helps.

--
Tane Piper
http://digitalspaghetti.tooum.net

This email is: [ ] blogable [ x ] ask first [ ] private