On Aug 1, 2007, at 2:08 AM, Mitchell Waite wrote:

I think your example at learningjquery is really neat but it's a little obscured by the other neat trick of insert HTML right after a click via insertion. That in itself deserves its own page but the use of animate as a delay timer is really awesome. I could not understand the example before I
knew jQuery, but now I can.

Hi Mitch,

I'm glad you liked that trick! Thanks for the suggestion on writing a separate article about inserting HTML on the fly. I'll try to write something up within the next week or so.

--Karl

p.s. Since I know you own the book, I thought I'd point you to pages 70 - 76 for more information about simultaneous versus queued effects.

p.p.s. Thanks for the wonderful review on amazon.com! It's really, really appreciated.

Karl Swedberg
www.englishrules.com
www.learningjquery.com