Hey Pat,

Thanks for that, unfortunately howeveer I get a "e.style.has no properties"... I tried changing it to:

       $("td.fillme").each(function() {
$(this).html('<input type="text" class="fillmeInput" value="'+$(this).text()+'" style="width:'+$(this).width()+'px;">');
       });

which works but with completely unexpected results (http://skorpion.geek.nz/cost_process/test.html)

Seems I underestimated it being such a pain...

Allan

patcoll wrote:
It'd probably be something like this:

$("td.fillme").html('<input type="text" class="fillmeInput" value="'+$
(this).text()+'" style="width:'+$(this).width()+'px;">');

This isn't tested but this is the first thing that came to mind. Just
remember to style the input with class "fillmeInput" with the font
size, height of the text input, a green background, etc.

Even better, but this into a function. Then make a function that
switches it back to just text in the field, saving the changes you
made. Then have a button that toggles the "edit mode" of the table.

Maybe that's where you're going with this :-0

Pat