i am not sure about the first question. i will allow the plugin author or
someone who has his hands dirty with that plugin code to answer.

as far as second question is concerned, if you set matchSubset to the
appropriate value, then, it should solve your problem. the cache should also
be enabled for this to work i suppose.

-GTG