Hi,

> What recommendations on JavaScript editors or IDEs does anyone have?

gvim, or emacs whichever fits your needs more ;-) Just to have brought up two
alternatives to those IDEs packed with special features for everything and
everyone but don't adapt to your speciffic needs.

> Is there something sophisticated enough that can have intellisense
> with jQuery or my own objects in external js files?

I the ability to extend your editor yourself with touring-complete languages
is sophisticated enough for you, the two above are for you.

Christof