Thanks Kelvin,

That worked perfectly. I guess I should have tried it before I posted to list! I assumed that it would set the start date of the calendar to that date rather than allow you to select dates in the past.

-Marshall

Kelvin Luck wrote:

Hi,

Very short answer because I'm in a rush... But have you looked at the startDate parameter to datePicker? It's covered in the documentation [1] although I there isn't a simple example up yet (I'll add it when I have a minute or two free). Actually, stop press!! There is an error in the documentation of startDate, it expects a String, not a Date. The string should be formatted according to your current date format.

If you need to dynamically change the start date try the dpSetStartDate method - you can see this in action on the "start and end date pickers" example [2].

Hope that helps,

Kelvin :)

[1] http://kelvinluck.com/assets/jquery/datePicker/v2/demo/documentation.html [2] http://kelvinluck.com/assets/jquery/datePicker/v2/demo/datePickerStartEnd.html

Marshall Salinger wrote:
Hello,

I am looking into using the super awesome datePicker v2 <http://kelvinluck.com/assets/jquery/datePicker/v2/demo/> plug-in by Kelvin Luck, for an app that needs to be able to select a range from the past to the present. I am not clear on what the easiest way to do this is. Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Marshall